Redwood County offers many advantages to businesses looking to start-up, re-locate, or expand your new or existing business in our county and communities. We have available industrial park sites ready in the Ponderosa Business Park at Redwood Falls, and the Cottonwood River Eco-Energy Park at Lamberton is underdevelopment!
We are fortunate to have excellent transportation corridors served by US Highway 71 and State Highways 19, 14, 67 and 68.
Two railroads serve Redwood County!
- The Minnesota Valley Regional Rail Authority owns 94.7 miles of track which is operated by the Minnesota Prairie Line which is a short-line railroad providing an alternative transportation mode for shipping and receiving commodities and manufactured goods in this global economy.
- The Canadian Pacific Railroad serves the southern half of our county and runs parallel to US Highway 14. (See map on our home page - www.econdev.radc.org)
We are fortunate to have a diversified manufacturing base in our county. Our industry clusters include:
- wood manufacturing;
- housing construction;
- electronics -- sign boards and power supply repair;
- renewable energy -- ethanol production;
- medical health care appliances;
- furniture manufacturing;
- strong Ag R&D in the soybean industry; and
- highly productive in ag production -- corn, soybeans, sugar beets, and specialty crops.