We are fortunate to have excellent transportation corridors served by US Highway 71 and State Highways 19, 14, 67 and 68.
Two railroads serve Redwood County!
- The Minnesota Valley Regional Rail Authority owns 94.7 miles of track which is operated by the Minnesota Prairie Line which is a short-line railroad providing an alternative transportation mode for shipping and receiving commodities and manufactured goods in this global economy.
- The Canadian Pacific Railroad serves the southern half of our county and runs parallel to US Highway 14.
We are fortunate to have a diversified manufacturing base in our county. Our industry clusters include:
- wood manufacturing;
- housing construction;
- electronics -- sign boards and power supply repair;
- renewable energy -- ethanol production;
- medical health care appliances;
- furniture manufacturing;
- strong Ag R&D in the soybean industry; and
- highly productive in ag production -- corn, soybeans, sugar beets, and specialty crops