Redwood Area communities offer many incentives and opportunities for businesses looking to start-up, re-locate, or expand your new or existing business.
- We have industrial park parcels ready in the Ponderosa Business Park in Redwood Falls, and the Cottonwood River Eco-Energy Park in Lamberton is underdevelopment!
- We are fortunate to have excellent transportation corridors served by US Highway 71 and State Highways 19, 14, 67 and 68. The Minnesota Valley Regional Rail Authority owns 94.7 miles of track which is operated by the Minnesota Prairie Line which is a short-line railroad providing an alternative transportation mode for shipping and receiving commodities and manufactured goods in this global economy. The CP Railroad serves the southern half of our county and runs parallel to US Highway 14.
- We have excellent health care facilities across our county, a regional airport located in Redwood Falls which is home to the North Memorial Air Care Helicopter Ambulance for our corner of Minnesota.
- We are fortunate to have Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel in our County which provides excellent entertainment opportunities, convention/hotel accommodations, along with Dacotah Ridge and three additional fantastic golf courses located in Redwood County.
- We are proud of our beautiful Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway and its rich history and recreational opportunities. We celebrate in Walnut Grove the Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant every year for three weekends in July along with numerous other community events held across our County all summer long.
- We are fortunate to have a diversified manufacturing base throughout our member communities int he Redwood Area. Our industry clusters include:
- wood manufacturing;
- housing construction;
- electronics -- sign boards and power supply repair;
- Metal Fabrication;
- Renewable Energy
- Medical health care appliances;
- Furniture manufacturing;
- Agricultural Science & Research in the soybean industry; and
- Strong Production Agriculture and Ag Business -- corn, soybeans, sugar beets, and specialty crops.
Our local Redwood Area communities are great places to raise a family and locate your business. We have excellent health care facilities across our county and a variety of other amenities which you will discover as you explore our area! You will find our very supportive business members on our featured business banner on our home page, along with 850+ listed in our Area-wide Business Directory, and 150+ businesses and entities are included in our Redwood Area Interactive Business Directory and Virtual tour! This directory is accessible on your Smartphone app by downloading the MapNtour app online.
Industry & Business Abound in the Redwood Area!
Redwood Area Development Corporation......A good place to Start!
We have excellent financial institutions ready to serve you and your business needs. The Redwood Area Development Corporation (RADC) is here to assist you with all your business needs and works closely with the Southwest Initiative Foundation, Southwest Regional Development Commisison, Blandin Foundation, Prairieland Economic Development Corporation, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, our member community EDAs, and other regional organizations.
We have a well-trained, quality, innovative workforce who have an excellent work ethic and are ready for you!
Redwood Connect is our technology training lab which is avaialbe for public and private use for technology training classes. This training lab was made possible with matching fund from Redwood County and the Blandin Foundation!
Read what these businesses have to say about Redwood County:
"From outgoing friendly people to committed professionals working to advance the communities and surrounding areas in the fields of technology and agriculture, Redwood County is anything but rural."
Charlie Quast, Redwood Falls
"'Living in the Cities for four years made me appreciate the kind of lifestyle the rural ara has to offer. It is a wonderful place to raise a family, and people are not too busy to wave when passing by or just stop to visit. I felt a strong desire to bring a form of quality of healthcare back to this area.'"
Dr. Kyle Pankonin, Lamberton