Category: Business Finance Options
There are several small business loan programs from SBA, USDA, EDA, etc offered through the State, Counties, Cities, Economic Development Agencies and non profit groups to create jobs and grow communities. Just a few examples of the Minnesota small business loan programs on this site include:
- Great River Energy's Business Financing Program features funds to increase availability of capital for businesses.
- East Central Energy offers several low-interest loan programs to business customers within its service area.
- The Northland Foundation provides flexible, reasonably priced financing to eligible businesses, mostly in conjunction with other lenders.
- The ARDC Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) is in place to support business activities for which credit is not readily available.
- The Prairieland Economic Devt Corp loans funds to eligible small businesses for financing fixed assets or working capital withing their service area.
- The Native American Development Corporation provides loan funds to finance American Indian entrepreneurs in Minnesota.
- The Small Business Development Loan Program through the Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development, provides loans for business expansions that result in the creation of new jobs.
- The Mid-Minnesota Development Commission offers a Revolving Loan Fund with the assistance of the participating Minnesota counties.
- The Microenterprise Loan from Southwest Minnesota Foundation helps entrepreneurs develop small businesses and self-employment opportunities in the southwest Minnesota counties.
- Federal Sources The Small Business Administration (SBA) and USDA Rural Development also provide loan guarantee programs for Minnesota entrepreneurs who need additional assistance in qualifying for bank financing.