To learn more about the benefits of starting and growing your business, available land and buildings, business financial assistance and incentives, upcoming entrepreneur and small business training opportunities, or for more detailed information on assistance programs and services offered by the RADC and our partner organizations, contact the RADC at email@example.com or (507)637-4004.
We recommend that your first 3 steps would be to:
- Take the online business start-up class on the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship (CORE) website, click here to start now.
- Click here to access DEED's tool -- A Guide to Starting a Business in Minnesota.
- Call or connect online with the Small Business Development Center in Marshall.
Business Plan is Your First Step
- A Business Plan
- Work with a mentor
- Financing your business start-up or expansion
The key to business growth in communities is to energize entrepreneurs who are working from their home, basement, garage with their ideas. The first step on the road to an entrepreneurship development strategy is to convince yourself and your constituents that investing in NEW choices will bring about desired results. There is a substantial research that can be used to support such an argument. Consider this:
- 55% of job creation comes from existing businesses growing
- 45% from new business startups and that only 1% of job creation comes from business relocation!
There are four factors central to America's economic future:
The Southwest Initiative Foundation is pleased to provide a one-stop shop
for southwest Minnesota entrepreneurs.
- Business tools for planning, management, growth and transition
- Programs, financing and technical assistance resources for start-upand existing entrepreneurs, resource providers (of which the RADC is listed), youth and educators
- Improved access to educational opportunities
CORE - Center of Rural Entrepreneurship has a great training series on line for "Starting a Business"! Click here to get started and find out if your business idea is the right idea for you and what it will take to get your business started and off the ground.