To learn more about business resources contact the RADC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 637-4004.
We recommend that your first steps in creating and sustaining a successful business would be to:
- Click here to access DEED's tool -- A Guide to Starting a Business in Minnesota.
- Call or connect online with the Small Business Development Center in Marshall.
- Look over and get familiar with some data privacy and security information here.
- Build Your Business Plan -- Give a call to the Marshall SBDC office
The key to business growth in communities is to energize entrepreneurs who are working from their home, basement, garage with their ideas. The first step on the road to an entrepreneurship development strategy is to convince yourself and your constituents that investing in NEW choices will bring about desired results. There is a substantial research that can be used to support such an argument. Consider this:
- 55% of job creation comes from existing businesses growing
- 45% from new business startups and that only 1% of job creation comes from business relocation!
There are four factors central to America's economic future:
The Southwest Initiative Foundation is pleased to provide a one-stop shop
for southwest Minnesota entrepreneurs. Click Here for more information on them.
- Business tools for planning, management, growth and transition
- Programs, financing and technical assistance resources for start-upand existing entrepreneurs, resource providers (of which the RADC is listed), youth and educators
- Improved access to educational opportunities