Expand Your Business in the Redwood Area
The Redwood Area Development Corporation is a good place to start! We listen to your needs and match you up with potential buildings, sites, or businesses that are for sale to make your business expansion a reality. We facilitate your needs with the professional staff in our cities to assist you with your development project.
You will find many of the tools that we will use to partner with you and your lender to assist in putting your financial package together listed below and in our online Incentive or Resource Directory.
- Redwood County Revolving Loan Fund
- Redwood Falls Port Authority Revolving Loan Fund
- City of Redwood Falls Downtown Revolving loan fund.
We have great partners in the region that extend their loan programs to Redwood County businesses, whether you are a small startup with the:
- SBA Micro-loan program available through the Southwest Initiative Foundation, or Revolving loan fund for capital assets, or the
- SBA 504 program through Prairieland Economic Development Commission which provides fixed rate long-term debt financing for building acquisitions, or the
- Southwest Regional Development Commission’s Revolving loan fund, we have “gap financing” tools available to assist you in meeting your financial needs to help grow your business in the Redwood Area.
There are several common business incentives available in Minnesota. Here is a direct link to the MN Department of Employment and Economic Development's website which will describe each type.
- Here is the MN Statute that defines Minnesota's Economic Development Property Tax Abatement
- TIF - Tax Increment Financing: The basics of how TIF works
- Frequently Asked Questions about TIF -- MN State Auditor's Office