Made In Minnesota -- Manufactured in Redwood County
In the last 13 years, from 2006-2019, manufacturing in Redwood County has done remarkably well, growing 35.6% compared to just .036 growth for total employment in the county. In contrast manufacturing employment declined statewide by -8.2%. Of the additional 281 manufacturing jobs in Redwood County, some of this growth is contributed to a reporting change in food manufacturing, growing from just 8 jobs in 2006 to 138 by 2016, a 1,625% increase. Wood product manufacturing has also grown in recent years from 215 jobs in 2014 to 247 in 2016, a 15% increase. Fabricated metal manufacturing grew from 13 to 43 jobs from 2006-2016, a 171% increase compared to a -3.2% growth rate statewide.
Wages in manufacturing averaged $41,808 in 2016, a 1.5% increase from a year prior, but much lower than the $63,752 statewide average. Average annual wages for all industries in Redwood County averaged $35,204 in 2016. In the last year, from 2015-2016 manufacturers added 28 jobs, a 2.7% increasing, outpacing the 2.2% increase for all employers in the County. 16.2% of all jobs in the County are in manufacturing compared to 11.3% statewide.
Our industries include:
- Wood Product Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
- Electronic Signboard Manufacturing
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing
- Farm Machinery & Equipment Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing
- Click here to learn more about Schult Homes
- Click here to learn more about Famers Union Industries and their companies
- Click here to learn more about Daktronics in Redwood Falls
- Click here to learn more about Northstar Systembuilt
- Click here to learn more about ACTIVEAID, Inc.