Redwood County Collaborative
The goal of the Redwood County Collaborative is "To support the development of healthy children and families."
The objectives of the Collaborative are to:
- Provide for the coordination of mental health services to families.
- Reduce the out of home placements of children.
- Reduce the rate of student truancy.
- Provide for the earliest identification and intervention of families or children with special needs.
- Provide support and education to make all families more resilient
- Provide support to build healthy family asset.
The Redwood County Collaborative has developed a Joint Powers Agreement to form the Collaborative:
- Redwood County Department of Corrections
- Southwest Health and Human Services
- United Community Action, Inc.
- Greater Minnesota Family Services
- University of Minnesota Extension Service, Redwood County
- Redwood Area School District
- Wabasso School District
- Milroy School District
- Westbrook-Walnut Grove School District
- Tracy Area Schools
School Based Mental Health Program
The Redwood County Collaborative maintains a school-based mental health program in all Redwood County school districts. A Mental Health Practitioner provides mental health services within school, home, and community to children showing early and/or ongoing signs of mental health issues. The Mental Health Practitioner can provide services ranging from individual, group, and family sessions concentrating on skill building and problem solving issues to crisis services and coordination of services as a child returns to their school system. Services also include prevention and education.